Old Town baseball fell one run short, falling 3-2 to Yarmouth. However, softball did repeat as state champion by defeating Fryeburg 2-0. View highlights here!
Old Town softball repeats as state champ, baseball falls to YarmouthWritten by Matt Randall
STANDISH - Old Town took home the gold gloves in both baseball and softball last spring, and both Coyotes teams returned to the state finals to defend those titles.
Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter
Matt Randall joined the ABC-7 and FOX Bangor news team in August 2015 as Weekend Sports Anchor and Reporter. A proud Midwesterner, he was born and raised in Indianapolis, IN and is excited to begin his career right here in Maine!
Matt graduated from Indiana University with a degree in Journalism in 2015, and his love for sports broadcasting grew through the several media outlets on campus. He hosted a sports talk show on WIUX, served as Sports Director and Anchor at IU NewsNet, and worked as a sideline reporter for IU Athletics through the Big Ten Network StudentU program in addition to multiple TV internships.
Matt's passion for sports is well-known among friends and family. Growing up in Indiana means basketball is king, but he also enjoys football, baseball and soccer. His favorite teams include the Pacers, his beloved Indiana Hoosiers, and yes, the Indianapolis Colts.
Matt is thrilled to be here in the Northeast, and looks forward to learning the sports that matter here in Maine! If you have suggestions for stories, things for Matt to enjoy in Maine, or just want to talk sports, feel free to contact him either by email at [email protected] or on Twitter at @mattrandall_
- Storage units in several counties burglarized
- Proposed gun law change has been rejected by Maine House
- Senior Art Festival call for artists
- 300 students receive free tuition at UMaine colleges
- DA Almy withdraws his nomination papers
- Changes in the 1930's "The New Deal" could mean big business in Old Town
- School safety renovation bill heads into work session
- Anonymous donor gives $10 million to UMaine's College of Engineering
- Governor plans to reopen Downeast Correctional Facility, sort of
- Historic Chesuncook Lake House leveled in fire
- Girl scout drive thru
- Maine science festival
- Belfast job fair to have over 60 businesses present
- Kristen Wiig reportedly in early talks for 'Wonder Woman 2' villain role
- 'American Chopper' star sued for fraud after allegedly sabotaging a TV project
- KFC runs out of gravy a week after running out of chicken
- 'Affluenza' teen, Ethan Couch, now 20, nears prison release after DUI crash that killed 4
- Facebook execs may appear on Capitol Hill to address data exploitation
- DeVos reveals plans for school safety panel, makes case for budget cuts
- China, Philippines discuss joint South China Sea projects
- Canadian drug mule says she made cocaine cruise a vacation
- Researcher captures striking Antarctic video of minke whale
- John Stossel: Pompeo, Trump and the Paris climate agreement
- Rauner, Pritzker win Illinois primaries, will square off in governor's race
- 'Punching game' fatality identified; no charges filed
- Mike Huckabee on abortion case before Supreme Court
- North Korean media say diplomacy is strength, not weakness
- Dead man’s girlfriend may face murder charge after Vegas robbery, police say
- Austin Goodwill explosion not linked to previous blasts, authorities say
- Israeli military confirms it hit Syrian nuclear site in 2007
- Police: Goodwill worker injured by artillery simulator
- Mister Rogers Movie Trailer Is Released And It Already Looks Like A Tear-Jerker
- Shawn Mendes Announces New Single 'In My Blood'
- Ellen DeGeneres Makes Olympians Scott Moir & Tessa Virtue Prove Their Not A Couple
- 'The Crown' Producers Apologize To Stars Claire Foy and Matt Smith Over Pay Disparity
- Sam Smith & More Stars Are Devastated Over Fifth Harmony's Hiatus
- The Weinstein Co. Has Filed For Bankruptcy
- Ringo Starr Receives Knighthood: 'It Means A Lot'
- Kelly Clarkson Drops Video For 'I Don't Think About You' And It Highlights Her Record Label Battle!
- Justin Timberlake Nails A Half Court Shot At Washington Wizards Practice Facility —Watch Video!
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Has Begun Filming!
- Millie Bobby Brown Makes Sweet Music With Boyfriend Jacob Sartorius
- Lea Michele Sizzles On Hot Hawaiian Vacation: See The Pics!
- 100-year-old runner, a World War II vet, sets 5 new world track records
- Aaron Hernandez struggled with being gay, ex-girlfriend says
- PGA security high ahead of Austin tournament amid bomb attacks
- Ex-baseball prospect Danry Vasquez speaks out after video allegedly shows him beating then-girlfriend: 'I've truly changed'
- Kaepernick ex-teammate says anthem protests hampering ability to find new team
- Sister Jean Schmidt, 98, sees Loyola-Chicago win first NCAA Tournament game in 33 years
- Longtime New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson dies at age 90
- Baylor University suspends 3 players following accusations of off-campus rapes
- Josh McCown signs NFL contract while waiting in line at Chick-fil-A drive-thru
- Surveillance video that reportedly shows violent incident involving former baseball prospect is released
- Owner of Greek soccer team apologizes after running onto field with holstered gun to protest goal
- Virginia, Villanova, Kansas and Xavier top seeds in NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament