Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
AUGUSTA - Who can decide when a terminally ill patient dies? A state lawmaker, who is also a physician, wants to leave that choice to the patient with her proposed Death with Dignity legislation.
BANGOR - While April means spring, it also means tax filing season, and with that April 15th deadline, United Way of Eastern Maine is helping folks who waited to the last minute to file their taxes.
HOLDEN - In the wake of the death earlier this week of Maine State Police Detective Benjamin Campbell, a local business is giving back to law enforcement.
BANGOR - Hundreds of people walked through Bangor on a brisk morning to raise money for the Bangor Area Homeless Shelter.
BUCKSPORT - A woman is now facing a murder charge in the 2017 death of a Bucksport toddler, and locals said they are hoping the two year old homicide victim can get some justice.
ACADIA NATIONAL PARK - First responders spent Thursday morning prepping for an emergency situation at Acadia National Park with a special training exercise.
- Wednesday will be a beautiful day to see Bangor from high atop the Thomas Hill Standpipe
- PCHC receives grant money for overdose-reversing medication
- Another record year for the Maine Lottery
- Skowhegan man sentenced for possessing child porn
- New York City man charged after Verona Island drug bust
- Lagrange father, son arrested on drug charges
- Search on for missing Knox County man
- County woman arrested twice in a week on drug charges
- Bangor officials pave way for recreational pot shops
- Bangor officials getting ready for changes to trash handling
- Longtime Bangor councilor resigns
- Humane agents seize 80 animals in need of 'urgent' care
- Detour set for Thomas Hill Standpipe tours
- Brewer man dies in motorcycle crash
- Police identify woman pinned by vehicle
- Merchants Plaza closed to traffic, parking
- Road work affecting Hammond Street
- Sheriff's deputies investigating fatal Eddington incident
- Orrington standoff suspects appear in court
- F-35 set for laser boost
- YouTube pressured to kick Chinese state media ads off platform over misinformation
- Gov. Gavin Newsom is 'responsible' for California's homeless crisis, says former state congressman
- 'Angel Has Fallen' cast explains movie's connection to military first responders: 'They’re real human beings'
- Maryland man accused of raping, choking woman was in US illegally, report says
- Rep. Matt Gaetz: Google's information dominance is dangerous especially when it comes to voters
- Former VA doctor, who reportedly was impaired on duty charged with involuntary manslaughter, prosecutors say
- Man dubbed 'Lion Man' mauled to death by three lions, animals shot to death
- Cardi B posts profanity-filled rant against the NYPD, alleges they shut down a community event
- Escaped Georgia inmate wanted in Florida murder case kills himself, police say
- Los Angeles Opera promises 'thorough' investigation into Placido Domingo misconduct claims
- Florida mom insists her son who allegedly threatened mass shooting is 'just a little kid' making jokes
- Drones increasingly used in Africa to save people's lives, deliver blood samples to labs
- Florida slingshot ride cable snaps just moments before riders were to be launched in air, video shows
- Delivery man accused of killing Florida woman, 75, by hitting her with mallet, setting her on fire
- Gutfeld: For the media, hopes for a recession are like 'Beetlejuice'
- Paul Batura: Radio’s magic made incredible changes in the world – It will never die
- Obamas’ debut Netflix documentary slammed as 'lefty propaganda,' an attack on Trump
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Key 'Miracle on Ice' team member arrested in pipe assault on neighbor
- XFL reveals team names for each of its eight franchises
- Tennessee State QB Demry Croft arrested on rape, sexual battery charges
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Cody Bellinger loses his pants sliding into third base
- Washington Nationals' Hunter Strickland has weight room mishap: 'Broke nose never killed anyone'
- Cleveland Browns' Baker Mayfield rips media for 'click bait' stories about his own Daniel Jones criticism
- Ex-NFL star Mario Williams arrested for alleged criminal trespassing in Texas: reports
- Colin Kaepernick reveals 2015 police-involved shooting launched social justice activism
- Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores plays several Jay-Z songs at practice after Kenny Stills remarks
- Carli Lloyd kicks 55-yard field goal, Hall of Famer says NFL should give her ‘honest’ tryout
- Cowboys, LB Smith agree on extension amid Elliott holdout
- Oklahoma QB Hurts barely edges out Mordecai, Rattler for job