Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
HERMON - A convoy of bikers, Maine State Police, and more are escorting more than 70 stones engraved with the names of fallen military members to the Millinocket region.
PITTSFIELD - Veterans have said a local skydiving program has bettered their lives, helping them adjust to life back home. The adrenaline-based program has grown to include more people.
STATEWIDE - Millions of people are expected to travel through New England this holiday weekend, and officials are warning drivers it could take twice or three times as long to travel compared to a normal day.
AUGUSTA - A statewide conference got students thinking about how to respect differences in others, and make their schools a better place.
ELLSWORTH - The Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce was getting down to business Thursday evening with their annual awards night.
AUGUSTA - This week is National Police Week, and at a memorial by the Maine State House Thursday, Mainers gathered to honor the state's fallen law enforcement.
AUGUSTA - Walking to help the wounded, that's how almost 200 students at Saint Michael School in Augusta spent their Wednesday.
BANGOR - Senator Susan Collins said she's working in Washington, DC to lower the high cost of prescription drugs.
- Wednesday will be a beautiful day to see Bangor from high atop the Thomas Hill Standpipe
- PCHC receives grant money for overdose-reversing medication
- Another record year for the Maine Lottery
- Skowhegan man sentenced for possessing child porn
- New York City man charged after Verona Island drug bust
- Lagrange father, son arrested on drug charges
- Search on for missing Knox County man
- County woman arrested twice in a week on drug charges
- Bangor officials pave way for recreational pot shops
- Bangor officials getting ready for changes to trash handling
- Longtime Bangor councilor resigns
- Humane agents seize 80 animals in need of 'urgent' care
- Detour set for Thomas Hill Standpipe tours
- Brewer man dies in motorcycle crash
- Police identify woman pinned by vehicle
- Merchants Plaza closed to traffic, parking
- Road work affecting Hammond Street
- Sheriff's deputies investigating fatal Eddington incident
- Orrington standoff suspects appear in court
- Six-month-old girl in critical condition after father brings her across border illegally, officials say
- Rashida Tlaib says Trump is ‘scared’ of her and the ‘Squad’
- California health officials warn of possible measles exposure at Disneyland, Universal Studios
- Shaw Air Force Base will pause operations after rise in suicides
- Chicago police officer saves man from apparent drug overdose: 'going the extra mile'
- Trump is right not to play 'Beijing's games' amid escalating NK tensions, China expert says
- British Hong Kong consulate employee released from detention as pro-democracy protests turn violent
- Trump talks up ‘special relationship’ with Macron, hours after threat to slap tariffs on French wine
- Amazon wildfires get some help from US firefighting plane
- Girl sends back 'souvenir' rock, apology letter to national park
- Tim Head: Religious freedom is now a foreign policy priority for the US. Here's why it matters
- Iranian-flagged oil tanker sought by US sets new destination
- Trump administration seeks court rehearing on Twitter block ruling
- Sean Pica: The First Step is just the beginning. Here’s how to radically change the lives of the incarcerated
- 6 clever ways to end robotext spam messages before it’s too late
- Churches conducting more background checks, but sex offenders still slipping through cracks
- Trump says 'I wouldn't stop him' if Fed chair Powell resigned
- Trump, Danish PM had 'great conversation' after Greenland flap, president says
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- US men's basketball team shocked by Australia, lose 1st game in nearly 13 years
- North Carolina golf club congratulates God -- and lightning bolt -- for 'almighty hole in 1'
- Son accused of killing ex-NFL lineman Barry Bennett, wife believed to be in Mexico: police
- Ex-NFL lineman Barry Bennett, wife found dead in Minnesota home; son sought by police
- Tom Brady’s bid to trademark ‘Tom Terrific’ denied
- American sprint star Christian Coleman could face ban over missed drug tests: reports
- Panthers’ Eric Reid claims late hit on Patriots’ Ben Watson wasn’t intentional after Twitter spat
- Cowboys’ offer to Ezekiel Elliott could make him second-highest paid RB in NFL: report
- Carli Lloyd says she ‘definitely got some inquiries’ after 55-yard field goal: ‘Anything is possible’
- NBA legend Bob Cousy gets Medal of Freedom, and offers an assist to President Trump
- Raiders, Packers play on 80-yard field in Canada after safety concerns in end zones
- Conor McGregor says he was 'wrong' to punch man in face in Ireland bar