Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
BUCKSPORT - Along with the new aquaculture farm coming to the former mill site in Bucksport, there's also a new lobster processing business at Buckstown Heritage Park.
DEXTER - A transitional home that tries to provide life skills to help women build their lives is looking for more people to help.
HAMPDEN - In September, Good Shepherd Food Bank will be having a grand opening of their remodeled space. Our news team checked in to get an update on how renovations are going.
STONINGTON - Sunday was the 30th Fishermen's Day in Stonington. It's a day to honor fishermen and the sometimes dangerous work they do.
BANGOR -Forty different artists took over the streets of downtown Bangor Saturday for the revival of a sidewalk art festival.
PITTSFIELD - As part of the ongoing bicentennial celebrations for Pittsfield, there is going to be a sculpture tour at the home of a local couple on Sunday.
BANGOR - The sixth annual "Support and Escort Motorcycle Ride" took place in Bangor Saturday. It kicks off a ten day hike to honor the fallen as part of the Wilderness Walk for Warriors.
PITTSFIELD - As the Central Maine Egg Festival puts a spotlight on Pittsfield this weekend, our news team took a deeper look into the area's past.
BELFAST - Belfast's city leaders are trying to set the record straight after a newspaper headline got picked up around the country, that claimed the best the city could do for its homeless population was offer a tent and some camping gear.
BANGOR - The new chief patrol agent for the U.S. Border Patrol's Houlton Sector started this winter, but Wednesday he was officially sworn in to his new post here in Maine.
- Wednesday will be a beautiful day to see Bangor from high atop the Thomas Hill Standpipe
- PCHC receives grant money for overdose-reversing medication
- Another record year for the Maine Lottery
- Skowhegan man sentenced for possessing child porn
- New York City man charged after Verona Island drug bust
- Lagrange father, son arrested on drug charges
- Search on for missing Knox County man
- County woman arrested twice in a week on drug charges
- Bangor officials pave way for recreational pot shops
- Bangor officials getting ready for changes to trash handling
- Longtime Bangor councilor resigns
- Humane agents seize 80 animals in need of 'urgent' care
- Detour set for Thomas Hill Standpipe tours
- Brewer man dies in motorcycle crash
- Police identify woman pinned by vehicle
- Merchants Plaza closed to traffic, parking
- Road work affecting Hammond Street
- Sheriff's deputies investigating fatal Eddington incident
- Orrington standoff suspects appear in court
- NYT updates Kavanaugh 'bombshell' to note accuser doesn't recall alleged assault
- US political discourse needs more 'flying flamingos'
- Beto O'Rourke hits Pete Buttigieg with expletive-fueled swipe over gun-control comments
- Behnam Ben Taleblu: Attack on Saudi oil facility shows Trump was right to pull out of Iran nuke deal
- Pelosi, Schumer to Trump: Gun control must include background checks
- Masked would-be burglars scared off by California woman's shouting: see the video
- Ilhan Omar says she's controversial only because 'people seem to want the controversy'
- Ric Ocasek, lead singer of new-wave band The Cars, found dead in NYC apartment, police say
- Ric Ocasek, lead singer of new-wave band The Cars, found dead in NYC, police say
- California Lyft driver opens fire in shootout after 2 men tried robbing him, police say
- Texas girl contracts brain-eating amoeba during swim in river
- Trump: US 'locked and loaded' against attackers of Saudi oil facility 'depending on verification'
- 'Deplorable' graffiti found at European Union's Israel mission sparks condemnation
- North Carolina woman kept as sex slave, beaten, tortured in front of children in hotel rooms, police say
- O'Rourke claims Trump has 'blood... on his hands' after El Paso mass shooting
- 86 tigers rescued from infamous temple in Thailand have died, local media report
- Daniel Turner: Ocasio-Cortez says climate change may drown Miami – As usual, she’s laughably wrong
- Wisconsin THC vape operation being investigated for possible ties to vape-related deaths, illnesses: police
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Drew Brees to see hand specialist in Los Angeles after injury during game
- Antonio Brown scores as New England Patriots defeat Miami Dolphins 43-0
- Fire erupts on field before game between Colts and Titans in Tennessee
- Atlanta Braves’ Culberson suffers facial fractures after taking pitch to face on bunt attempt, team says
- Antonio Brown rejected $2M settlement with woman who accused him of rape: report says
- Opposing Georgia fans honor wife of coach who died of breast cancer with 'pink out'
- Retired MLB star David Ortiz recounts being shot in Dominican Republic: 'I want to find out who did this'
- Terry Bradshaw says he 'can't stand' players like Antonio Brown
- University of Alabama tracking students during college football games
- Antonio Brown loses endorsement deal with helmet manufacturer Xenith amid sexual assault investigation: report
- Miami adult-content website announces $10M bid for Miami Heat arena naming rights
- Pressure on FIFA to punish Iran over gender discrimination builds after 'Blue Girl' death