Kelly Mitchell joined the news team in March of 2018. She grew up splitting her time between York, ME and Haverhill, MA, but her favorite childhood memories took place along the rocky coast of southern Maine. She's now excited to explore other parts of the state.
She graduated from Suffolk University, where she got her first taste of journalism covering the Boston Marathon bombing trial live from the courtroom. She spent the end of her college career working as a writer at WHDH in Boston.
An avid traveler, she's visited ten countries and used to live in Spain. When not working, Kelly can be found reading with a coffee, out with friends, or wandering by the ocean.
BUCKSPORT - Along with the new aquaculture farm coming to the former mill site in Bucksport, there's also a new lobster processing business at Buckstown Heritage Park.
DEXTER - A transitional home that tries to provide life skills to help women build their lives is looking for more people to help.
HAMPDEN - In September, Good Shepherd Food Bank will be having a grand opening of their remodeled space. Our news team checked in to get an update on how renovations are going.
STONINGTON - Sunday was the 30th Fishermen's Day in Stonington. It's a day to honor fishermen and the sometimes dangerous work they do.
BANGOR -Forty different artists took over the streets of downtown Bangor Saturday for the revival of a sidewalk art festival.
PITTSFIELD - As part of the ongoing bicentennial celebrations for Pittsfield, there is going to be a sculpture tour at the home of a local couple on Sunday.
BANGOR - The sixth annual "Support and Escort Motorcycle Ride" took place in Bangor Saturday. It kicks off a ten day hike to honor the fallen as part of the Wilderness Walk for Warriors.
PITTSFIELD - As the Central Maine Egg Festival puts a spotlight on Pittsfield this weekend, our news team took a deeper look into the area's past.
BELFAST - Belfast's city leaders are trying to set the record straight after a newspaper headline got picked up around the country, that claimed the best the city could do for its homeless population was offer a tent and some camping gear.
BANGOR - The new chief patrol agent for the U.S. Border Patrol's Houlton Sector started this winter, but Wednesday he was officially sworn in to his new post here in Maine.
- Three in custody after lengthy standoff
- Guilford inn destroyed in fire
- One person dead in head-on collision
- Downeast Horizons residents treated to lumberjack show
- Astronomy center marking moon landing's 50th anniversary
- Hospital officials, nurses at odds over contract
- Bangor police investigating window smashings
- Grower: Strawberry crop 'very, very good'
- Tribute to Bangor attorney raises $10,000 to fight cancer
- Humane society offers pet safety tips during heatwave
- Augusta police seeking Quick Mart robber
- Gouldsboro man accused of stealing, burning SUV
- Man arrested after Waldo stabbing
- Guilty verdict in trial of Lewiston man
- Rollover ties up traffic on I-95
- Lincoln Loon Festival returns
- Robbery suspect accused of witness tampering
- Lara Trump lashes out after CNN host accuses her of 'lying' about rally crowd's ‘Send her back!’ chant
- Drug companies shipped thousands of pain pill orders it should have halted, documents say
- Warren compares herself, 'green manufacturing plan' to JFK and Apollo mission
- Florida woman accused of aggravated assault after being refused pizza slice
- Virginia Democrats vow to boycott legislature's 400th anniversary celebration if Trump attends
- AOC says Trump 'relished' rally chant about Omar, doesn't want to be president anymore
- Missing Minnesota toddler found cruising on toy tractor at county fair
- Pompeo says ‘no indications’ that Iran is changing its ‘malign behavior’
- Newly discovered shark species squirts glowing clouds from pockets
- Border agents use tear gas to stop nearly 50 undocumented migrants who stormed Rio Grande bridge
- 'Modern Family' star Sarah Hyland responds to Instagram troll who criticized engagement ring videos
- Apollo 11: Original Moon landing recordings bought for $217 in 1976 sold at auction for $1.82M
- Hungary backs Trump on asylum crackdown as it touts its own border success
- Legionnaires' disease bacteria found in Maine water district samples, state CDC says
- On Apollo 11 anniversary, Pence announces that Orion capsule for manned Moon missions is ready for debut flight
- Mike Pence: We’re heading back to the moon and then on to Mars
- Dan Gainor: Media convict of Trump of racism and moon program of sexism
- #Behonest: Canada airport kiosk relies on the honesty of customers
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- British Open golfer Kyle Stanley refuses to apologize for not yelling ‘Fore’ after wayward shot
- Russian boxer Maksim Dadashev undergoes brain surgery after devastating loss: reports
- Reigning time-trial world champion Rohan Dennis quits Tour de France in midstage
- Massachusetts teens hailed for giving spare Red Sox ticket to homeless man
- Ex-New York Giants offensive lineman Mitch Petrus dies of heat stroke at age 32
- Kansas City Chiefs star Tyreek Hill won't be suspended by NFL over child abuse allegations
- Tiger Woods hints health, 'Father Time', is an issue after first round struggles at The Open: 'Just the way it's going to be'
- Miami Dolphins' Kendrick Norton released from hospital 2 weeks after losing arm in crash
- Man who allegedly stole Super Bowl champion's rings stopped with help from 'Pawn Stars' shop
- Oklahoma City Thunder officials receive threatening voicemail after Paul George trade, police say
- US Open plans to bend rules to make sure they get Coco Gauff
- Ex-UFC fighter Abel 'Killa' Trujillo charged with sexual exploitation of child: reports