Nit-Noi Ricker is an Army brat who grew up on a farm in Winterport. She went to the University of Maine and the University of Northern Texas to learn how to be a journalist and started her career in Arizona at the Williams-Grand Canyon News, where she learned every skill needed to produce a small newspaper and earned the Excellence in Journalism Award in 2001 from the American Society of Civil Engineers. Maine, however, kept calling her name and she and her son, Zak, returned home in 2003. She covered sports for the Belfast Republican Journal for a short time before landing a job at the Bangor Daily News, where for nearly 15 years she covered breaking news, town meetings and the issues people were talking about all over Maine. In that time, she also married a Bangor native and had a second son, Darby, and along with her craft beer-making husband, Cory, started a brewery. Nit-Noi joined the WVII team in February 2018.
You can email her at [email protected].
BELFAST - The stepfather of a 10-year-old girl who was beaten to death a year ago admitted to the crime Monday in Waldo County Superior Court.
STATEWIDE - There is a new FDA-approved drug on the market to help children with epilepsy, and it's allowed on commercial aircraft even though its derived from marijuana.
TRENTON - Around 200 participants from Downeast Horizons were treated to a live presentation Friday at Timber Tina's Great Maine Lumberjack Show.
BANGOR - It's been two years since the body of a Maine woman reportedly involved in dealing drugs was found on the side of the road in Cherryfield.
BANGOR - A local attorney decided to sail from Lubec to Kittery in honor of his friend who died of cancer.
OLD TOWN - One of the state's newest residents was in a rush to arrive and came into this world while his dad drove down the highway.
SOUTHWEST HARBOR - With the death of an elderly woman in a parking lot on MDI Tuesday morning, the state's pedestrian death tallies so far this year already exceed all of last year.
BELFAST - An attorney for accused murderer Sharon Carrillo says he plans to ask the state to drop charges against his client, now that her husband has announced he plans to admit to killing her daughter.
BELFAST - In the wake of the announcement that accused murderer Julio Carrillo has decided to admit to beating his stepdaughter to death, comes another twist in the story that one attorney says demonstrates Carrillo's state of mind.
OLD TOWN - For the second time in less than a week, an incident has occurred at the Nine Dragons Paper mill in town.
- Wednesday will be a beautiful day to see Bangor from high atop the Thomas Hill Standpipe
- PCHC receives grant money for overdose-reversing medication
- Another record year for the Maine Lottery
- Skowhegan man sentenced for possessing child porn
- New York City man charged after Verona Island drug bust
- Lagrange father, son arrested on drug charges
- Search on for missing Knox County man
- County woman arrested twice in a week on drug charges
- Bangor officials pave way for recreational pot shops
- Bangor officials getting ready for changes to trash handling
- Longtime Bangor councilor resigns
- Humane agents seize 80 animals in need of 'urgent' care
- Detour set for Thomas Hill Standpipe tours
- Brewer man dies in motorcycle crash
- Police identify woman pinned by vehicle
- Merchants Plaza closed to traffic, parking
- Road work affecting Hammond Street
- Sheriff's deputies investigating fatal Eddington incident
- Orrington standoff suspects appear in court
- F-35 set for laser boost
- YouTube pressured to kick Chinese state media ads off platform over misinformation
- Gov. Gavin Newsom is 'responsible' for California's homeless crisis, says former state congressman
- 'Angel Has Fallen' cast explains movie's connection to military first responders: 'They’re real human beings'
- Maryland man accused of raping, choking woman was in US illegally, report says
- Rep. Matt Gaetz: Google's information dominance is dangerous especially when it comes to voters
- Former VA doctor, who reportedly was impaired on duty charged with involuntary manslaughter, prosecutors say
- Man dubbed 'Lion Man' mauled to death by three lions, animals shot to death
- Cardi B posts profanity-filled rant against the NYPD, alleges they shut down a community event
- Escaped Georgia inmate wanted in Florida murder case kills himself, police say
- Los Angeles Opera promises 'thorough' investigation into Placido Domingo misconduct claims
- Florida mom insists her son who allegedly threatened mass shooting is 'just a little kid' making jokes
- Drones increasingly used in Africa to save people's lives, deliver blood samples to labs
- Florida slingshot ride cable snaps just moments before riders were to be launched in air, video shows
- Delivery man accused of killing Florida woman, 75, by hitting her with mallet, setting her on fire
- Gutfeld: For the media, hopes for a recession are like 'Beetlejuice'
- Paul Batura: Radio’s magic made incredible changes in the world – It will never die
- Obamas’ debut Netflix documentary slammed as 'lefty propaganda,' an attack on Trump
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Key 'Miracle on Ice' team member arrested in pipe assault on neighbor
- XFL reveals team names for each of its eight franchises
- Tennessee State QB Demry Croft arrested on rape, sexual battery charges
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Cody Bellinger loses his pants sliding into third base
- Washington Nationals' Hunter Strickland has weight room mishap: 'Broke nose never killed anyone'
- Cleveland Browns' Baker Mayfield rips media for 'click bait' stories about his own Daniel Jones criticism
- Ex-NFL star Mario Williams arrested for alleged criminal trespassing in Texas: reports
- Colin Kaepernick reveals 2015 police-involved shooting launched social justice activism
- Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores plays several Jay-Z songs at practice after Kenny Stills remarks
- Carli Lloyd kicks 55-yard field goal, Hall of Famer says NFL should give her ‘honest’ tryout
- Cowboys, LB Smith agree on extension amid Elliott holdout
- Oklahoma QB Hurts barely edges out Mordecai, Rattler for job