The Chesuncook Lake House, located in a remote area of Chesuncook Township, somehow caught fire Saturday morning.
The owners and employees were able to get out safely, but by the time fire crews were able to reach the property the building was a total loss.
The lake house was a destination for snowmobilers, providing fuel and a place to sleep as they made their way through northern Maine's beautiful wilderness.
The owners posted to Facebook, saying they appreciate well-wishes, but told riders not to risk a trip to the lake house because there would not be any fuel to provide, and they don't want anyone to get stranded.
No word yet on a cause of the fire.