Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
ORONO - Nine Maine Black Bears will look to impress before professional scouts this week, as they take part in UMaine football's pro day event.
HOULTON - After one of the most dominating careers in Houlton girls basketball history, Shiretowners star Kolleen Bouchard is adding one more award to her growing collection.
ORONO - After seven years coaching boys basketball at Orono High School, Jason Coleman is leaving the school.
ORONO - Saturday's loss to No. 2 Texas spelled the end of Maine women's basketball big season, but it's a season that won't be lost on those involved.
HAMPDEN - Last year's Unified basketball North playoffs saw Bucksport upset the top seed in Hampden Academy, en route to the regional final. But with the regional championship game held on the Broncos' court this season, the result would end up differently.
Hampden/Bangor held off a valiant fight from Bucksport Unified, earning a 65-45 win and punching its ticket to the state title game against Westbrook Thursday.
AUSTIN, Texas - With less than 24 hours before tip-off, the University of Maine women's basketball team had its first run through at the Frank Erwin Center Friday. Now, the Black Bears look to slay the beast.
ROCHESTER, Minn. - Fast offense and tenacious defense has been the formula for success for Bowdoin women's basketball, and it proved to be the difference-maker once more for the Polar Bears on the biggest stage.
Bowdoin unleashed a tenacious offensive attack to kick off its Final Four game against No. 2 Wartburg, ultimately earning a 90-62 win. With the victory, the Polar Bears will play for a national championship. There, they will meet powerhouse Amherst with the title on the line.
HOWLAND - Marisa LeBlanc took the microphone, and addressed the packed Penobscot Valley High School gymnasium. Emotional, she looked towards her cousin and pushed the words through her lips.
ORONO - One of the best men's basketball players in University of Maine history is returning to the squad to help revitalize the program.
GORHAM - One of southern Maine's top basketball stars has committed to one of the staples of college basketball.
- Kristen Wiig reportedly in early talks for 'Wonder Woman 2' villain role
- 'American Chopper' star sued for fraud after allegedly sabotaging a TV project
- KFC runs out of gravy a week after running out of chicken
- 'Affluenza' teen, Ethan Couch, now 20, nears prison release after DUI crash that killed 4
- Facebook execs may appear on Capitol Hill to address data exploitation
- DeVos reveals plans for school safety panel, makes case for budget cuts
- China, Philippines discuss joint South China Sea projects
- Canadian drug mule says she made cocaine cruise a vacation
- Researcher captures striking Antarctic video of minke whale
- John Stossel: Pompeo, Trump and the Paris climate agreement
- Rauner, Pritzker win Illinois primaries, will square off in governor's race
- 'Punching game' fatality identified; no charges filed
- Mike Huckabee on abortion case before Supreme Court
- North Korean media say diplomacy is strength, not weakness
- Dead man’s girlfriend may face murder charge after Vegas robbery, police say
- Austin Goodwill explosion not linked to previous blasts, authorities say
- Israeli military confirms it hit Syrian nuclear site in 2007
- Police: Goodwill worker injured by artillery simulator
- Mister Rogers Movie Trailer Is Released And It Already Looks Like A Tear-Jerker
- Shawn Mendes Announces New Single 'In My Blood'
- Ellen DeGeneres Makes Olympians Scott Moir & Tessa Virtue Prove Their Not A Couple
- 'The Crown' Producers Apologize To Stars Claire Foy and Matt Smith Over Pay Disparity
- Sam Smith & More Stars Are Devastated Over Fifth Harmony's Hiatus
- The Weinstein Co. Has Filed For Bankruptcy
- Ringo Starr Receives Knighthood: 'It Means A Lot'
- Kelly Clarkson Drops Video For 'I Don't Think About You' And It Highlights Her Record Label Battle!
- Justin Timberlake Nails A Half Court Shot At Washington Wizards Practice Facility —Watch Video!
- 'Big Little Lies' Season 2 Has Begun Filming!
- Millie Bobby Brown Makes Sweet Music With Boyfriend Jacob Sartorius
- Lea Michele Sizzles On Hot Hawaiian Vacation: See The Pics!
- 100-year-old runner, a World War II vet, sets 5 new world track records
- Aaron Hernandez struggled with being gay, ex-girlfriend says
- PGA security high ahead of Austin tournament amid bomb attacks
- Ex-baseball prospect Danry Vasquez speaks out after video allegedly shows him beating then-girlfriend: 'I've truly changed'
- Kaepernick ex-teammate says anthem protests hampering ability to find new team
- Sister Jean Schmidt, 98, sees Loyola-Chicago win first NCAA Tournament game in 33 years
- Longtime New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson dies at age 90
- Baylor University suspends 3 players following accusations of off-campus rapes
- Josh McCown signs NFL contract while waiting in line at Chick-fil-A drive-thru
- Surveillance video that reportedly shows violent incident involving former baseball prospect is released
- Owner of Greek soccer team apologizes after running onto field with holstered gun to protest goal
- Virginia, Villanova, Kansas and Xavier top seeds in NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament