“Ellsworth Open House”
Wednesday, March 21 from 4-7 p.m. at Ellsworth Public Library
The City of Ellsworth, the Ellsworth Area Chamber of Commerce, and the Ellsworth Public Library invite neighbors and newcomers to the Ellsworth Public Library for an Ellsworth Open House on Wednesday, March 21 anytime from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. This event is free of charge and open to the public. A variety of local businesses and organizations will be represented and refreshments will be served.
Each family will receive a welcome bag with information from the participating organizations, including a free copy of The Ellsworth American. Attendees can enter to win a door prize including donations from The Grand Auditorium, The Heart of Ellsworth, and the YMCA.
Children of all ages are invited stop by the boat room anytime during the event to listen to a story about neighborhoods and make a craft to take home.
To celebrate Ellsworth’s rich history, the library’s art show for the month of March will be “Views of Ellsworth,” featuring historic photographs and ephemera in the Riverview Room, courtesy of Darlene Springer. The Ellsworth Historical Society presents a trip down memory lane with antique toys, books, and games in the display case on the main floor.
Ellsworth is growing and evolving and we're excited for the changes to come. We hope you can join us in celebrating our community!
- Two people hurt and two still missing after house fire
- Celebrating earth day
- Healthy kids day
- State police searching for two missing adults with special needs
- Birdsacre Sanctuary in Ellsworth is looking for volunteers for spring cleaning
- Garland shooting leaves one in the hospital and another in jail
- Romaine lettuce could be tainted with E.coli
- Death With Dignity campaign wants to be placed before Maine voters
- State legislature closing impacting bill for background checks on pre-K teachers
- Area children enjoy Challenger Learning Center's vacation camp
- Man taken to hospital after shooting in Garland
- Homeless veterans urge Representative Poliquin to reconsider a bill that would increase hunger in many
- City of Portland cuts ties with Waterfront Concerts
- Services held for deceased Iowa family of four found in Mexico
- Two dead after home-built plane crashes in California
- Kellyanne Conway slams CNN's Dana Bash for asking about husband's anti-Trump tweets
- NBC News backs off fishy statistic about plastic straws from research by 9-year-old boy
- 'Tyrannical' judge told 'not to return' after she berates defendant who died three days later
- Shania Twain says she would have voted for Trump despite his offensive comments
- Three passengers injured, window broken after Air India plane hits severe turbulence
- Waffle House patron, 29, hailed a hero after snatching gun from shooter
- North Korea's nuclear announcement is clearly a publicity stunt, US lawmakers say
- Man fought gunman: He 'was going to have to work to kill me'
- Waffle House shooting suspect may have 2 guns, was arrested near White House in 2017, police say
- Brie Bella commends sister Nikki and John Cena for showing their relationship's end on camera
- Adults with autism bring special talents to the workplace -- employers would be lucky to have them
- Police: Man fires 121 rounds into hunting cabin, later dies
- Prosecutors say terror suspect doesn't qualify for immunity
- Chicago police spot 'elderly' woman pushing another woman's body in shopping cart
- Corker: Democrats blocking Pompeo nomination to appease base that 'abhors' Trump
- Horror and disaster movies top the weekend box office once again
- Beyoncé Slays Second Coachella 2018 Performance With New Costumes & A Surprise Guest
- Kendall Jenner Gets Cheeky In A Leopard-Print Thong Bikini
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Rents Out Movie Theater For Teen Girl Who Invited Him To Prom!
- Jimmy Kimmel Celebrates Son Billy's First Birthday After His Health Complications
- Mike Myers Remembers 'Austin Powers' Co-Star Verne Troyer: 'He Will Be Greatly Missed'
- Queen Elizabeth Celebrates 92nd Birthday With Prince William, Prince Harry & Meghan Markle At Star-Studded Concert
- Abby Lee Miller Shares Photo From The Hospital After Preliminary Cancer Diagnosis
- Actor Verne Troyer Dead At 49
- Carrie Underwood Shares Close-Up Photo Of Her Scars Months After Nasty Fall
- Jenna Dewan Steps Out For Her First Red Carpet Appearance Since Channing Tatum Split
- Ariana Grande Performs New Single 'No Tears Left To Cry' At Coachella 2018!
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Renewed For Season 15 At ABC
- San Francisco Giants' Brandon Belt sees 21 pitches in at-bat, most since at least 1988
- Ex-NFL kicker Jay Feely says prom date photo with gun 'intended to be a joke'
- Wrestler Bruno Sammartino's viewing draws hundreds of fans
- Kaepernick blasts 'lawful lynchings,' defends anthem protests while accepting Amnesty award
- White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar 'stable but critical' after brain hemorrhage in dugout
- Oakland A's pitcher Sean Manaea tosses no-hitter vs. Boston Red Sox
- Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal after 22 seasons with club
- Alex Rodriguez's 'nephew' kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- Lance Armstrong settles $100M lawsuit with US government
- Alex Rodriguez's nephew kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited me when coaches withheld food
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited coaches withholding food