MEOC Essentials of College Planning Workshops
Maine Educational Opportunity Center
Upcoming Events for Community Calendar/
Public Service Announcement
Contact Person: Karen Hadley Keim
The Maine Educational Opportunity Center will be hosting FREE workshops entitled
Essentials of College Planning for adults 19 & over at the following times and
To register or for more information, call 1-800-281-3703 or visit us on the web at
University College Rockland, 91 Camden St, on Monday, March 19 at 9 a.m.
Who We Are
MEOC is funded entirely by the U.S. Department of Education. The program helps qualified adults
make the transition towards a college education. MEOC, which is housed at the University of Maine,
provides assistance to adults living in Maine and helps them go to whichever college or university they
All MEOC services are FREE!
* GED/SAT Preparation
* College Planning
* Career Advising
* Financial Aid Advising
* College Admissions Process
* Application Fee Waivers for Qualified Adults
Our Work in Action
MEOC successfully placed 1,073 Maine adults in different colleges last year.
How to Participate
The starting point for all MEOC participants is The Essentials of College Planning, a FREE interactive
workshop that outlines the four steps in the college process: admissions, financial aid, career planning,
and study skills. The workshop lasts approximately 2 – 3 hours. Pre-registration is required.
All workshops are subject to change. For more information or to register call: 1-800-281-3703
In complying with letter and spirit of applicable laws and in pursuing its own goals of diversity, the University of Maine System shall not discriminate on
the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, national origin or citizenship status, age,
disability, or veterans status in employment, education, and all other areas of the University. The University provides reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Questions and complaints about discrimination in any area of the University should be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity, the University of
Maine, 5754 North Stevens Hall, Room 101, Orono, ME 04469-5754, telephone (207) 581-1226, TTY (207) 581-9484.
- Two people hurt and two still missing after house fire
- Celebrating earth day
- Healthy kids day
- State police searching for two missing adults with special needs
- Birdsacre Sanctuary in Ellsworth is looking for volunteers for spring cleaning
- Garland shooting leaves one in the hospital and another in jail
- Romaine lettuce could be tainted with E.coli
- Death With Dignity campaign wants to be placed before Maine voters
- State legislature closing impacting bill for background checks on pre-K teachers
- Area children enjoy Challenger Learning Center's vacation camp
- Man taken to hospital after shooting in Garland
- Homeless veterans urge Representative Poliquin to reconsider a bill that would increase hunger in many
- City of Portland cuts ties with Waterfront Concerts
- Services held for deceased Iowa family of four found in Mexico
- Two dead after home-built plane crashes in California
- Kellyanne Conway slams CNN's Dana Bash for asking about husband's anti-Trump tweets
- NBC News backs off fishy statistic about plastic straws from research by 9-year-old boy
- 'Tyrannical' judge told 'not to return' after she berates defendant who died three days later
- Shania Twain says she would have voted for Trump despite his offensive comments
- Three passengers injured, window broken after Air India plane hits severe turbulence
- Waffle House patron, 29, hailed a hero after snatching gun from shooter
- North Korea's nuclear announcement is clearly a publicity stunt, US lawmakers say
- Man fought gunman: He 'was going to have to work to kill me'
- Waffle House shooting suspect may have 2 guns, was arrested near White House in 2017, police say
- Brie Bella commends sister Nikki and John Cena for showing their relationship's end on camera
- Adults with autism bring special talents to the workplace -- employers would be lucky to have them
- Police: Man fires 121 rounds into hunting cabin, later dies
- Prosecutors say terror suspect doesn't qualify for immunity
- Chicago police spot 'elderly' woman pushing another woman's body in shopping cart
- Corker: Democrats blocking Pompeo nomination to appease base that 'abhors' Trump
- Horror and disaster movies top the weekend box office once again
- Beyoncé Slays Second Coachella 2018 Performance With New Costumes & A Surprise Guest
- Kendall Jenner Gets Cheeky In A Leopard-Print Thong Bikini
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Rents Out Movie Theater For Teen Girl Who Invited Him To Prom!
- Jimmy Kimmel Celebrates Son Billy's First Birthday After His Health Complications
- Mike Myers Remembers 'Austin Powers' Co-Star Verne Troyer: 'He Will Be Greatly Missed'
- Queen Elizabeth Celebrates 92nd Birthday With Prince William, Prince Harry & Meghan Markle At Star-Studded Concert
- Abby Lee Miller Shares Photo From The Hospital After Preliminary Cancer Diagnosis
- Actor Verne Troyer Dead At 49
- Carrie Underwood Shares Close-Up Photo Of Her Scars Months After Nasty Fall
- Jenna Dewan Steps Out For Her First Red Carpet Appearance Since Channing Tatum Split
- Ariana Grande Performs New Single 'No Tears Left To Cry' At Coachella 2018!
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Renewed For Season 15 At ABC
- San Francisco Giants' Brandon Belt sees 21 pitches in at-bat, most since at least 1988
- Ex-NFL kicker Jay Feely says prom date photo with gun 'intended to be a joke'
- Wrestler Bruno Sammartino's viewing draws hundreds of fans
- Kaepernick blasts 'lawful lynchings,' defends anthem protests while accepting Amnesty award
- White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar 'stable but critical' after brain hemorrhage in dugout
- Oakland A's pitcher Sean Manaea tosses no-hitter vs. Boston Red Sox
- Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal after 22 seasons with club
- Alex Rodriguez's 'nephew' kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- Lance Armstrong settles $100M lawsuit with US government
- Alex Rodriguez's nephew kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited me when coaches withheld food
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited coaches withholding food