- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 76764
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Trump, calling for legal appeal, slams ‘activist Obama appointed judge’ over border wall ruling
- 9-year-old killed, 2nd child hurt in Texas drag racing crash
- Police say body found on Long Island is MS-13 gang victim
- Suspected extremists kill at least 20 in Nigeria ambush
- FAA investigating Chick-fil-A's exclusion at Texas airport
- Trump, in Japan, says Tokyo has ‘substantial’ trade advantage over US
- Norway says Venezuela mediation to resume next week
- Kevin McCarthy signals Republican members can take their own positions on abortion
- 2 suspected of dismembering California man arrested in China
- Flooding leads to Oklahoma and Arkansas evacuations
- Austrian government, the blueprint for Europe’s new wave of populism, fighting for its political life
- Partial recount ordered in Malawi's presidential election
- As Theresa May steps down, pro-Trump Brexiteer Boris Johnson is favorite to succeed her
- Chrissy Teigen admits she didn't see herself as a ‘real’ model when she first started
- British climber dies on Mount Everest; death toll reaches 10
- CNN's Jim Acosta claims Trump was just engaging in an 'act' when he called him 'fake news'
- Former ‘Bachelor’ star Colton Underwood reacts to Kelly Ripa’s controversial comments on franchise
- Kanye West's story about his late mother will bring you to tears
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Texas softball pitcher ‘doing well’ after ball hits her in face: reports
- Obama surprises kids at Washington Nationals academy: 'You're going to make a real difference'
- Lance Armstrong says he 'wouldn't change a thing' about doping scandal that cost him 7 Tour de France titles
- Olympian soccer player found dead in Colombia days after being reported missing
- Mallory Edens, daughter of Milwaukee Bucks co-owner, trolls Drake with shirt; rapper fires back
- Lillard, Kemba, LeBron among noteworthy All-NBA picks
- Arbitrator upholds Voynov suspension but says he served half
- The Lonely Island releases satire film spoofing Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco
- NFL star's distant family members accuse player of making threats as man faces extortion charges
- Fab Five could reunite thanks to Michigan's hiring of Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose says
- US soccer star Alex Morgan plans to decline any White House invite after World Cup
- Los Angeles Dodgers' Rich Hill launches into profane tirade after bunt single during shift