- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 81544
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- O'Rourke claims Trump has 'blood... on his hands' after El Paso mass shooting
- 86 tigers rescued from infamous temple in Thailand have died, local media report
- Daniel Turner: Ocasio-Cortez says climate change may drown Miami – As usual, she’s laughably wrong
- Wisconsin THC vape operation being investigated for possible ties to vape-related deaths, illnesses: police
- Damage from Iran-linked drone attack on Saudi oil facility captured in satellite images
- 'Hustlers' star Jennifer Lopez's stripper moves can't beat 'It' at box office
- Gen. Jeff Harrigian: The US Air Force succeeds by doing THIS
- Seattle light rail station shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded; cops release video of suspect
- Oldest living American WWII veteran celebrates 110th birthday
- JK Rowling donates over $19M to multiple sclerosis research in honor of her late mother
- Humberto dumps more rain on Dorian-battered Bahamas
- Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher sues his ex-lawyers, military nonprofit
- At least 22 people injured after three-story deck collapse in New Jersey
- Eric Holder: Trump could be prosecuted after leaving office, but at a 'potential cost to the nation'
- Andrew Yang: New 'SNL' cast member Shane Gillis shouldn't lose job over racist remarks
- Border Patrol agent wounded, suspect killed in Texas traffic stop shooting
- Pompeo accuses Iran of 'unprecedented attack' after drones hit Saudi oil facilities
- Biden, Sanders continue sparring on health care after third debate
- Janel Parrish Dishes On Returning As Mona In 'PLL: The Perfectionists' & How Married Life Is Going
- 'Murphy Brown' Closes Out Season 1 In Dec.; Nina Dobrev's 'Fam' Set To Take Over Timeslot
- The 'Murphy Brown' Revival Series Will Not Likely Return For A Second Season
- Crystal Hefner Says Her Marriage With Hugh Hefner Wasn't About Sex: 'That Wasn't All That Important' (EXCLUSIVE)
- Baby Stormi Webster Cheers On Travis Scott During His Performance And It's Totally Adorable
- Jenna Dewan Shares Her Daughter's Precious Christmas Letter To Santa
- 'This Is Us' Cast Gets Totally Emotional About Fall Finale's Major Bombshells
- Are Trixie Mattel & Katya Fans Of Online Dating? Check Out This Exclusive Clip From 'UNHhh'
- 'The Voice' Season 15 Has Its Top 10: Who Made It & Who Went Home?
- Is 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Getting A Sequel? Here's What We Know
- Kristin Cavallari Reflects On Her Brother Michael's Death On The 3 Year Anniversary: 'This Year Is One Of The Hardest'
- Miguel Marries Nazanin Mandi In Secret Ceremony: See Her Gorgeous Wedding Dress!
- Fire erupts on field before game between Colts and Titans in Tennessee
- Atlanta Braves’ Culberson suffers facial fractures after taking pitch to face on bunt attempt, team says
- Antonio Brown rejected $2M settlement with woman who accused him of rape: report says
- Opposing Georgia fans honor wife of coach who died of breast cancer with 'pink out'
- Retired MLB star David Ortiz recounts being shot in Dominican Republic: 'I want to find out who did this'
- Terry Bradshaw says he 'can't stand' players like Antonio Brown
- University of Alabama tracking students during college football games
- Antonio Brown loses endorsement deal with helmet manufacturer Xenith amid sexual assault investigation: report
- Miami adult-content website announces $10M bid for Miami Heat arena naming rights
- Pressure on FIFA to punish Iran over gender discrimination builds after 'Blue Girl' death
- Carolina Panthers owner to help young entrepreneur, 12, pay for college
- Gregg Popovich greets Serbia's coach with sobering words: 'We are a couple of f-----g losers'