- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 40547
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Services held for deceased Iowa family of four found in Mexico
- Two dead after home-built plane crashes in California
- Autopsies show nothing suspicious in Avicii death, reports say
- Kellyanne Conway slams CNN's Dana Bash for asking about husband's anti-Trump tweets
- NBC News backs off fishy statistic about plastic straws from research by 9-year-old boy
- 'Tyrannical' judge told 'not to return' after she berates defendant who died three days later
- Shania Twain says she would have voted for Trump despite his offensive comments
- Three passengers injured, window broken after Air India plane hits severe turbulence
- Waffle House patron, 29, hailed a hero after snatching gun from shooter
- North Korea's nuclear announcement is clearly a publicity stunt, US lawmakers say
- Man fought gunman: He 'was going to have to work to kill me'
- Waffle House shooting suspect may have 2 guns, was arrested near White House in 2017, police say
- Brie Bella commends sister Nikki and John Cena for showing their relationship's end on camera
- Adults with autism bring special talents to the workplace -- employers would be lucky to have them
- Police: Man fires 121 rounds into hunting cabin, later dies
- Prosecutors say terror suspect doesn't qualify for immunity
- Chicago police spot 'elderly' woman pushing another woman's body in shopping cart
- Corker: Democrats blocking Pompeo nomination to appease base that 'abhors' Trump
- Beyoncé Slays Second Coachella 2018 Performance With New Costumes & A Surprise Guest
- Kendall Jenner Gets Cheeky In A Leopard-Print Thong Bikini
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson Rents Out Movie Theater For Teen Girl Who Invited Him To Prom!
- Jimmy Kimmel Celebrates Son Billy's First Birthday After His Health Complications
- Mike Myers Remembers 'Austin Powers' Co-Star Verne Troyer: 'He Will Be Greatly Missed'
- Queen Elizabeth Celebrates 92nd Birthday With Prince William, Prince Harry & Meghan Markle At Star-Studded Concert
- Abby Lee Miller Shares Photo From The Hospital After Preliminary Cancer Diagnosis
- Actor Verne Troyer Dead At 49
- Carrie Underwood Shares Close-Up Photo Of Her Scars Months After Nasty Fall
- Jenna Dewan Steps Out For Her First Red Carpet Appearance Since Channing Tatum Split
- Ariana Grande Performs New Single 'No Tears Left To Cry' At Coachella 2018!
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Renewed For Season 15 At ABC
- San Francisco Giants' Brandon Belt sees 21 pitches in at-bat, most since at least 1988
- Ex-NFL kicker Jay Feely says prom date photo with gun 'intended to be a joke'
- Wrestler Bruno Sammartino's viewing draws hundreds of fans
- Kaepernick blasts 'lawful lynchings,' defends anthem protests while accepting Amnesty award
- White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar 'stable but critical' after brain hemorrhage in dugout
- Oakland A's pitcher Sean Manaea tosses no-hitter vs. Boston Red Sox
- Arsene Wenger to leave Arsenal after 22 seasons with club
- Alex Rodriguez's 'nephew' kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- Lance Armstrong settles $100M lawsuit with US government
- Alex Rodriguez's nephew kidnapped in New York City hotel over $600G Lamborghini sale
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited me when coaches withheld food
- McKayla Maroney: Larry Nassar exploited coaches withholding food