Old Town baseball fell one run short, falling 3-2 to Yarmouth. However, softball did repeat as state champion by defeating Fryeburg 2-0. View highlights here!
Old Town softball repeats as state champ, baseball falls to YarmouthWritten by Matt Randall
STANDISH - Old Town took home the gold gloves in both baseball and softball last spring, and both Coyotes teams returned to the state finals to defend those titles.
Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter
Matt Randall joined the ABC-7 and FOX Bangor news team in August 2015 as Weekend Sports Anchor and Reporter. A proud Midwesterner, he was born and raised in Indianapolis, IN and is excited to begin his career right here in Maine!
Matt graduated from Indiana University with a degree in Journalism in 2015, and his love for sports broadcasting grew through the several media outlets on campus. He hosted a sports talk show on WIUX, served as Sports Director and Anchor at IU NewsNet, and worked as a sideline reporter for IU Athletics through the Big Ten Network StudentU program in addition to multiple TV internships.
Matt's passion for sports is well-known among friends and family. Growing up in Indiana means basketball is king, but he also enjoys football, baseball and soccer. His favorite teams include the Pacers, his beloved Indiana Hoosiers, and yes, the Indianapolis Colts.
Matt is thrilled to be here in the Northeast, and looks forward to learning the sports that matter here in Maine! If you have suggestions for stories, things for Matt to enjoy in Maine, or just want to talk sports, feel free to contact him either by email at [email protected] or on Twitter at @mattrandall_
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Ellsworth
- Bangor police have arrested a two people following a rash of vehicle thefts
- Empty camp catches fire Friday morning
- Maine Forest Rangers busy fighting multiple fires
- One of Bangor's favorite restaurants is preparing for a second course
- UPDATE: Murder suspect deemed competent to stand trial in Massachusetts
- Rhode Island man arrested on robbery charges
- Large wild land fire reported in area of Stockton Springs
- Pittsfield apartment fire displaces multiple families
- Sen. King said he will remain an independent
- Night maze at Treworgy Family Orchard adds some Halloween fun
- Purple Pinkie Project helping to fight Polio across the globe
- Poliquin holds veteran advisory panel
- State of Maine to receive settlement from GM
- Day eight of Anthony Sanborn ends
- Man leads police on high speed chase
- Extended foliage season peeks this weekend
- Reports: Marilyn Manson injured during New York concert
- The fascinating sex life of Jonathan, the 186-year-old giant tortoise
- Massachusetts coffee shop shutters its door after anti-police Facebook post
- Foreigners who joined ISIS faced almost certain death in Raqqa
- Abandoning our Kurdish allies is a win for our Iranian enemies
- USS Ronald Reagan visits South Korean port after week-long joint military drills
- Woman claims Roman Polanski molested her at age 10; wants him kicked out of Academy
- US: DNA test confirms top Filipino terror suspect is dead
- Malta offers $1.18M to discover who killed reporter Daphne Caruana Galizia
- Trump says 'end of the ISIS caliphate is in sight' after liberation of Raqqa
- Sgt. La David T. Johnson, US soldier subject of political fracas, laid to rest
- Defeating ISIS isn’t enough: Trump urgently needs a new Syria policy
- Pelosi claims she must remain as House leader to ensure 'top woman' at the table
- Shock as Zimbabwe's Mugabe named WHO 'goodwill ambassador'
- Dan Gainor: Media won't touch Russian uranium story tied to Hillary, and other epic journalism disasters
- Harvey Weinstein disputes Lupita Nyong'o's sexual harassment claims
- Trump suggests he'll allow release of classified files on Kennedy assassination
- Trump calls Rep. Wilson 'wacky' in ongoing feud about call to military widow
- Crikey! Steve Irwin's Family To Return To Animal Planet 11 Years After His Death
- Usher Sings Karaoke With Ludacris & Stevie Wonder At His 39th Birthday Party
- Julianne Hough & Brooks Laich Share Sweet Wedding Snaps From Their Ceremony
- Paul Wesley and Phoebe Tonkin Break Up After Four Years of Dating
- 'DWTS' Disney Week Is Rocked By Shocking Elimination
- Elton John Will End His Caesars Palace Residency Next Year
- Mel B Flaunts Her Fabulous Abs While On A Tropical Vacation – See The Pics!
- Molly Sims Shares Delicious Recipes From Her New Book 'Everyday Chic: My Secrets For Entertaining, Organizing, and Decorating at Home'
- Louis Tomlinson’s Son Freddie Looks Just Like Him — Check Out The Fan Reactions!
- Sources Say 'Suits' Star Meghan Markle Has Not Quit The Show Yet
- Ed Sheeran Wears a Cast After He Gets Hurt In London Bike Accident
- Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato Congratulate Joe Jonas On Engagement
- Yankees face elimination again, this time in ALCS Game 7
- Mavericks fall to Kings 93-88 without Dennis Smith Jr.
- No. 1 Alabama heavy favorite against rival Tennessee
- Dynamic Dodgers reach World Series with consummate teamwork
- NHL says Avs' nullified goal vs. Blues should have counted
- Dolphins center Mike Pouncey returns to practice, questionable for Sunday's game
- Hassan Whiteside will miss Heat's game vs. Pacers
- How much pressure is Dak Prescott under this week against San Francisco?
- Pacers' Turner out next two games with neck injury, concussion
- Rookie stars headline Mavs-Kings matchup
- Deflated Ball: Blake gets 29 in Clips' 108-92 rout of Lakers
- Raiders score on final play to beat Chiefs 31-30