Fire crews were called to the building on Main Street Thursday afternoon and managed to snuff out the flames before the home went up in flames.
They determined it was caused by an electrical malfunction under a floor.
According to the Morning Sentinel, a loose sill moved when people walked on the entryway. That caused a wire to chafe and catch fire.
Fire crews managed to find the source of the fire and stop it before it had a chance to rip through the building.
The Red Cross is now helping the tenants with their immediate needs until power can be restored and repairs made.