Friday, 16 June 2017 10:36

9 displaced by Waterville apartment fire Featured

Written by 
9 displaced by Waterville apartment fire

Waterville-Authorities say an accidental electrical fire caused an apartment building to burn in Waterville.

Six fire crews responded to the building on High Street around 6:00 Thursday.

They discovered a large amount of fire on the third floor of the building and began their attack.

Officials say the building was equipped with smoke detectors which were going off when tenants began evacuating.

The nine people who were there at the time made it out safely and are displaced for the time being.

One Winslow firefighter had to be taken to the hospital for an unknown injury.

Officials say the fire was caused by an accidental electrical fire in a concealed space on the third floor.

The Red Cross Disaster Response Team also responded to help the tenants with their immediate needs.

Craig Colson

News Director/Producer/Anchor
[email protected]

Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.

Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.

Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.

Video Biography