Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.
Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.
Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.
WINN-The Penobscot County Sheriff's Office announced this afternoon they're investigating an accidental shooting involving a toddler.
SKOWHEGAN-A man arrested at the Skowhegan homeless shelter has admitted to sexually assaulting two young children.
BREAKING: A police standoff is underway at a home in Gouldsboro. Police confirm an armed confrontation is underway and they've shut off a section of Main street and evacuated the area.
AUGUSTA – The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC) is investigating a travel-associated confirmed case of measles in Franklin County; currently there are no other cases reported or under investigation in Maine.
AUGUSTA-Well over one thousand people were in attendance today to pay their respects to Fallen Fryeburg Police Officer Nathan M. Desjardins.
CALAIS-Calais Police are trying to find the person who stole a car early this morning from the fire department parking lot.
Waterville-Authorities say an accidental electrical fire caused an apartment building to burn in Waterville.
Newton, NH--A man wanted for a sex crime in Maine dies during a hail of gunfire following a lengthy police chase.
Police say 40 year old Michael Brown of Presque Isle was killed last night after he was spotted by police in Massachusetts.
That sparked a police chase that lasted more than an hour before ending in a crash in Newton, New Hampshire.
That's where State Police Troopers opened fire.
Brown was killed, although it's still unclear whether he was struck by police or took his own life.
Maine police had been looking for Brown after hearing a report he had sexually assaulted a person.
They say he stole his uncle's pickup truck and fled from the state.
During last nights chase, police say Brown also fired a pistol at them and at one point drove in the wrong direction on Interstate 495.
He had also served time for previous convictions for kidnapping and domestic assault.
- Coast Guard airlifts stricken teen on cruise 300 miles off Maryland
- Navy husband welcomed home by wife's surprise baby bump
- Pregnant woman runs over purse-snatching suspect in Walmart parking lot: See the video
- Lost dogs smell owners’ cooked sausages, find their way home
- Scaramucci calls Russia story 'nonsense,' warns media 'integrity' at risk after CNN retraction
- Kendra Wilkinson on marriage to Hank Baskett: We've threatened divorce 'probably 5 times'
- Driver in New Hampshire pulled over for strapping mountain of items on top of van
- Trace Adkins on 'A Capitol Fourth,' Donald Trump and joining Blake Shelton on 'The Voice'
- Palin suit against NY Times spotlights a flood of media mistakes
- Over the moon: For Trump, South Korea is yuge
- Vatican cardinal hit with sex assault offenses takes leave, will fight charges
- Vietnam puts prominent blogger on trial for anti-state acts
- Police: Man dragged out of car, beaten in road rage attack
- Owner of loose bull that caused fatal crash gets probation
- Missouri farmer cleared in 1997 sex case by DNA evidence
- US quietly publishes once-expunged papers on 1953 Iran coup
- The Latest: US issues new visa criteria for 6 Muslim nations
- Most Americans know that owning a gun is an essential part of our freedom
- Prince William, Duchess Kate & Prince Harry To Honor Princess Diana's Birthday
- Grammy Awards Returning To Los Angeles In 2019
- Michael Nyqvist, 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' & John Wick' Star, Dies At 56
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's Home Destroyed In Wildfire
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale: Who Is A? (SPOILER ALERT!)
- Taylor Swift & Michael Jordan Salute Russell Westbrook At NBA Awards
- Fourth Of July BBQ Burgers From Pepperidge Farm
- Rascal Flatts Surprises Wisconsin Couple At Their Wedding
- 'Fuller House' Season 3 Premiere Date Falls On Original Show's Anniversary
- J.K. Rowling Marks 20 Years Since Harry Potter Appeared
- BET Awards 2017: Top Moments From Bruno Mars, Chance The Rapper, Remy Ma & More
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, But Debuts To A Franchise Low
- Kepler knocks in 3 runs, Twins top Red Sox 4-1
- Anderson exits with injury, Brewers fall 4-3 to Reds
- MLB umpire John Tumpane helps save woman from jumping off bridge
- Blues re-sign D Chris Butler to two-year, two-way deal
- Royals put Cuthbert on DL, recall Soler from Omaha
- NFL star Logan Ryan pays off his brother's student loans
- Miami Heat announce 2017 Summer League rosters
- Berglund undergoes shoulder surgery, out until December
- Four Cincinnati homers power past Guerra, Brewers
- Kemp returns to San Diego as Padres host Braves
- USA Gymnastics needs 'culture change' to stop abuse, review finds
- Francona questionable as Indians look for another win vs. Rangers