Blake Lipton joined the ABC 7 and Fox 22 news team in January of 2016 and is excited to start his career in television as a morning anchor at our station!
He is a recent graduate of the University of South Carolina and has previously interned with the ESPNU/SEC Network, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic and the WOLO sports department in Columbia, South Carolina during his time in school.
Blake also worked with the Weather Channel to help cover the historic South Carolina floods in the fall of 2015.
While most of his experience is in sports, Blake is thrilled for the opportunity to host the morning show at Fox ABC Maine and become a more well-rounded journalist and storyteller.
When he is not anchoring or reporting, Blake enjoys hiking, reading and talking anything football. He is also a fan of coffee and hip-hop music.
Feel free to reach out to him with story ideas at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter at @Blake_Lipton for the latest updates on everything Maine!
BANGOR - Jonathan Wood, a pediatric intensivist at Eastern Maine Medical Center, joined us this week to talk about pediatric sedation services offered at the hospital.
HAMPDEN - Flu season is starting to pick up across the Pine Tree State.
Now, local primary care providers are reminding you it is not too late to get that flu shot.
BANGOR - Lindsey Kerr, MD of Eastern Maine Medical Center Pelvic Care and Continence Specialists joined us to discuss complex bladder conditions and surgical options.
STATEWIDE - They are calling it the biggest Cyber Monday yet.
Sales are expected to reach a record setting $6.6 billion in revenue this year, surpassing the nearly $5 billion spent last week on Black Friday.
STATEWIDE - We have explored a number of reasons why Maine has one of the lowest populations of people attending worship services on a regular basis.
Individualism, abandonment of the Gospel, diminishing appeal to young people and a general view that worship service is not needed were all explanations in the first part of our series, "Unchurched."
"I kind of have to see it like Charles Dickens' 'The Tale of Two Cities,'" says Kirk Winters, senior pastor at The Rock Church in Bangor. "It is the best of times, it is the worst of times."
STATEWIDE - Maine is known for its beautiful landscapes, abundance of wildlife and its small town living.
Whether the product of creation or the work of a constantly evolving world, inside those tiny towns, one would be hard pressed not to find a chapel or a church adorning the New England landscape.
It might be more difficult, however, to find someone sitting in the seats or pews they hold.
BURLINGTON - The State Fire Marshal's office is investigating a fire that destroyed a home in Burlington Monday morning.
AUGUSTA - Members of the Maine Spirit of America Foundation joined Blake Lipton on ABC 7 News at Noon to discuss the group's mission and to preview an upcoming event in Guilford.
MOUNT DESERT - The MDI Trojans are headed back to the Class C North regional championship game after taking down the Oceanside Mariners 51-14.
- Cop taunts would-be killer with lube on way to prison: 'You are going to need a lot of this'
- Dog shoots hunter after another hunter leaves shotgun on ground
- Man arrested after car rams gates at Royal Air Force base used by US, reports say
- Trump national security strategy restores reference to 'jihadist' terror threat
- Uber driver with criminal past arrested after British woman diplomat, 30, murdered, left by side of road
- UN rights chief: China, White House seem 'hostile' on rights
- Kentucky lawmaker's funeral in church where he preached
- Ashes of woman's father stolen from front porch of Arizona home, reward offered
- Company recalls salami, prosciutto over possible salmonella contamination
- The Latest: Hundreds of migrants along Serbia's EU border
- New York City house fire leaves woman, 3 children dead; firefighters injured
- From 'Stranger Things' to 'Game of Thrones': Biggest TV character deaths of 2017
- Trump to unveil 'America First' strategy
- George Zimmmerman reportedly threatens Jay-Z, prompts Snoop Dogg response
- China hails Spain court's approval of Taiwanese extradition
- DeVos to give commencement speech at University of Baltimore
- Mueller’s office defends investigation after Trump team slams email access
- McCain goes to Arizona for Christmas, will miss tax vote
- Dad-To-Be John Stamos Honors His Late Father With Heartfelt Throwback Photo
- Morgan Spurlock's 'Super Size Me' Sequel Pulled From Sundance After Sexual Misconduct Confession
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Sweet Pic Of Robert Downey Jr. Giving Her A Kiss
- Nelly Will Not Face Rape Charges, Prosecutors In Washington Say
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Pro Emma Slater Shares Photos From Drew Scott's First Wedding Dance Rehearsal
- Liam Payne Shared An Almost Nude Photo In Bed
- Fans Defend Taylor Swift After Celebratory Instagram Post Causes Backlash
- Billie Lourd Writes Hidden Message In Emotional Tribute To Mother Carrie Fisher
- James Corden Enlists Zac Efron, Hugh Jackman & Zendaya For A Crosswalk Performance On Broadway
- 'Roseanne' Revival Gets Premiere Date On ABC
- Portia de Rossi Checks Out Wildfire Devastation After Evacuating Home She Shares With Ellen DeGeneres
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Blasts Off With $45 Million Opening Night
- Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs eyes Carolina Panthers, wants to sign Kaepernick
- LeBron James sends message with black and white shoes, speaks about Trump
- Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson is selling the team
- Return of the captain: Bluesactivate PietrangelofromIR
- Ducks lose 3-2 to Capitals in OT
- Preview: Jaguars try to clinch playoff spot against visiting Texans
- Preview: Panthers take on expansion Golden Knights for first time this season
- LeBron James gets 60th triple-double, passes Larry Bird on all-time list
- Josh Richardson's career-high 28 points lift Heat past visiting Clippers
- Alkins leads hot-shooting No. 23 Arizona past New Mexico
- Florida squanders 2nd-half lead, falls to Clemson in Orange Bowl Classic
- Conner Manning leads Georgia State past Western Kentucky in Cure Bowl