Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
WINDHAM - It's two winless seasons in a row for the Bangor Rams, as the team struggled to get it going on the gridiron against Windham Friday.
The Eagles steamrolled to a 48-6 win, as Bangor finishes 0-8.
PITTSFIELD - This week's "Sports Blitz" Play of the Week comes from Pittsfield, where it was the Ryan Fredette show.
He busted a big run against the Huskies for 97 yards and the score, helping Winslow win 32-29.
BELFAST - Addi Williams has been a star for MCI field hockey during her career, and she continued her dominance in the biggest fashion possible Friday.
Williams scored with 22 seconds left to play in double overtime over Belfast to advance to the Class B North field hockey championship Tuesday, where it will face Gardiner.
ORONO - Maine field hockey looked to stay near the top of the America East standings Friday, and it was successful in its endeavor.
The Black Bears managed to hold UMass Lowell to one early goal en route to a 2-1 win.
ORONO - It was a tale of two teams Friday at Alfond Arena, with the Maine Black Bears suffering different fates on the ice.
ORONO - On the heels of back-to-back appearances in the America East women's basketball championship game, the Maine Black Bears may have their work cut out for them. At least, that's how the rest of the conference views it.
DOVER-FOXCROFT - Finding the end zone has not been all that difficult for the Foxcroft Academy Ponies this season.
PITTSFIELD - The playoffs started in style for the former Class C North champion MCI Huskies field hockey team, as it now starts to pursue a Class B North title.
No. 3 MCI scored three times in the first 12 minutes of its quarterfinal contest with No. 6 Hermon, advancing to the semifinals with a 7-0 win.
ORONO - At 4-2, the University of Maine women's hockey team is off to its best start in six years. But now is where the test begins.
HERMON - Few players have joined the 100-goal club in their career in the pitch, but one Hermon star earned herself a spot in the school's Hall of Fame Tuesday night.
Alex Allain scored her 100th career goal in the early goings against Old Town, propelling Hermon to a 6-3 win in the season finale.
- Reports: Marilyn Manson injured during New York concert
- MS-13 gang may be linked to human remains found in New York City suburb, police say
- US commanders stress 'ironclad' commitment to defend SKorea
- Czechs vote in parliamentary election for second day
- Niger attack: Final farewell Saturday for Sgt. La David Johnson
- Pakistan official: Bodies of 4 recovered from caved-in mine
- Kenya: Helicopter plunges into lake after hotel takeoff
- The Story w/Martha MacCallum - Friday, October 20
- Special Report With Bret Baier - Friday, October 20
- The Five - Friday, October 20
- Tucker Carlson Tonight - Friday, October 20
- Police body cameras: Money for nothing?
- Your brain knows when you've just died, researchers say
- Google parent Alphabet turns on internet balloons in Puerto Rico
- $417M Johnson & Johnson baby powder court decision tossed
- Somalia to announce 'state of war' against al-Shabab following deadly truck bombing
- Texas city requires no Israel boycott in exchange for hurricane relief
- 30 east coast gang members indicted in Georgia
- Crikey! Steve Irwin's Family To Return To Animal Planet 11 Years After His Death
- Usher Sings Karaoke With Ludacris & Stevie Wonder At His 39th Birthday Party
- Julianne Hough & Brooks Laich Share Sweet Wedding Snaps From Their Ceremony
- Paul Wesley and Phoebe Tonkin Break Up After Four Years of Dating
- 'DWTS' Disney Week Is Rocked By Shocking Elimination
- Elton John Will End His Caesars Palace Residency Next Year
- Mel B Flaunts Her Fabulous Abs While On A Tropical Vacation – See The Pics!
- Molly Sims Shares Delicious Recipes From Her New Book 'Everyday Chic: My Secrets For Entertaining, Organizing, and Decorating at Home'
- Louis Tomlinson’s Son Freddie Looks Just Like Him — Check Out The Fan Reactions!
- Sources Say 'Suits' Star Meghan Markle Has Not Quit The Show Yet
- Ed Sheeran Wears a Cast After He Gets Hurt In London Bike Accident
- Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato Congratulate Joe Jonas On Engagement
- Yankees face elimination again, this time in ALCS Game 7
- Mavericks fall to Kings 93-88 without Dennis Smith Jr.
- No. 1 Alabama heavy favorite against rival Tennessee
- Dynamic Dodgers reach World Series with consummate teamwork
- NHL says Avs' nullified goal vs. Blues should have counted
- Dolphins center Mike Pouncey returns to practice, questionable for Sunday's game
- Hassan Whiteside will miss Heat's game vs. Pacers
- How much pressure is Dak Prescott under this week against San Francisco?
- Pacers' Turner out next two games with neck injury, concussion
- Rookie stars headline Mavs-Kings matchup
- Deflated Ball: Blake gets 29 in Clips' 108-92 rout of Lakers
- Raiders score on final play to beat Chiefs 31-30