Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
ORONO - All things considered, the first half of the women's hockey season could not have gone much better for the University of Maine. But there's one area of improvement the team has identified: goal scoring.
BREWER - The Witches of Brewer got off to a quick start against Messalonskee, opening Friday's boys basketball game on a 10-0 run.
The lead was enough to help Brewer hold off the Eagles 55-49 for their second win of the year.
BANGOR - University of Maine running back Josh Mack isn't the lone Associated Press All-American this season in Maine.
BANGOR- A tightly-contested first period opened up in the final third, as Bangor hockey opened up the scoring against Brewer.
Ben Lane and Alex Inman's goals in the first provided all the momentum the Rams would need, beating the Witches 4-0.
BREWER- Scoring was not hard to come by for the Hampden Academy Broncos hockey team Wednesday night by any means.
The Broncos scored three times in the first, then rattled off six more for a 9-1 win over Messalonskee.
ORONO - Though his days in Orono may be limited, Josh Mack picked up one of the highest honor any Maine Black Bears has accumulated in their time on-campus.
ORONO - Hockey East was the land of struggles for the University of Maine women's hockey team last season, but this past weekend was a microcosm of how far the Black Bears have come.
BANGOR - Husson football running back John Smith had one of the greatest season's in Division III football history, and was honored once more for his accomplishments Tuesday.
- Cop taunts would-be killer with lube on way to prison: 'You are going to need a lot of this'
- Dog shoots hunter after another hunter leaves shotgun on ground
- Man arrested after car rams gates at Royal Air Force base used by US, reports say
- Trump national security strategy restores reference to 'jihadist' terror threat
- Uber driver with criminal past arrested after British woman diplomat, 30, murdered, left by side of road
- UN rights chief: China, White House seem 'hostile' on rights
- Kentucky lawmaker's funeral in church where he preached
- Ashes of woman's father stolen from front porch of Arizona home, reward offered
- Company recalls salami, prosciutto over possible salmonella contamination
- The Latest: Hundreds of migrants along Serbia's EU border
- New York City house fire leaves woman, 3 children dead; firefighters injured
- From 'Stranger Things' to 'Game of Thrones': Biggest TV character deaths of 2017
- Trump to unveil 'America First' strategy
- George Zimmmerman reportedly threatens Jay-Z, prompts Snoop Dogg response
- China hails Spain court's approval of Taiwanese extradition
- DeVos to give commencement speech at University of Baltimore
- Mueller’s office defends investigation after Trump team slams email access
- McCain goes to Arizona for Christmas, will miss tax vote
- Dad-To-Be John Stamos Honors His Late Father With Heartfelt Throwback Photo
- Morgan Spurlock's 'Super Size Me' Sequel Pulled From Sundance After Sexual Misconduct Confession
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Sweet Pic Of Robert Downey Jr. Giving Her A Kiss
- Nelly Will Not Face Rape Charges, Prosecutors In Washington Say
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Pro Emma Slater Shares Photos From Drew Scott's First Wedding Dance Rehearsal
- Liam Payne Shared An Almost Nude Photo In Bed
- Fans Defend Taylor Swift After Celebratory Instagram Post Causes Backlash
- Billie Lourd Writes Hidden Message In Emotional Tribute To Mother Carrie Fisher
- James Corden Enlists Zac Efron, Hugh Jackman & Zendaya For A Crosswalk Performance On Broadway
- 'Roseanne' Revival Gets Premiere Date On ABC
- Portia de Rossi Checks Out Wildfire Devastation After Evacuating Home She Shares With Ellen DeGeneres
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Blasts Off With $45 Million Opening Night
- Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs eyes Carolina Panthers, wants to sign Kaepernick
- LeBron James sends message with black and white shoes, speaks about Trump
- Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson is selling the team
- Return of the captain: Bluesactivate PietrangelofromIR
- Ducks lose 3-2 to Capitals in OT
- Preview: Jaguars try to clinch playoff spot against visiting Texans
- Preview: Panthers take on expansion Golden Knights for first time this season
- LeBron James gets 60th triple-double, passes Larry Bird on all-time list
- Josh Richardson's career-high 28 points lift Heat past visiting Clippers
- Alkins leads hot-shooting No. 23 Arizona past New Mexico
- Florida squanders 2nd-half lead, falls to Clemson in Orange Bowl Classic
- Conner Manning leads Georgia State past Western Kentucky in Cure Bowl