Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
BANGOR - For some basketball players, the season is a year-round experience, meaning it is important to get in reps in the summer. The Husson basketball programs are helping make that happen with their overnight team camps, which some smaller schools are taking advantage of.
FREEPORT - Dorris Farrar considers herself to be one of the biggest Tom Brady fans in the world. She has seen his rise from a late draft pick out of Michigan into arguably the greatest quarterback to ever play, and that's why she wanted to check an item off her bucket list.
ORONO - Earlier this month, the University of Maine football program announced its group of camps for kids aiming to get summer work in with the lone Division I team in the state. While most of the camps are business as usual, this year did see a change for the summer program as opposed to years past.
MADRID, Spain - Blanca Millan proved herself to be one of the most effective young guards in all of America East last season for the University of Maine women's basketball team, and she'll now receive yet another chance to show the entire world her talents later on this summer.
ORONO - The Maine Black Bears have been climbing up the field hockey ranks over the course of the past several years, and the 2017 campaign will look to propel them even higher.
TORONTO, Ontario - Paul Kariya is perhaps the most recognizable name ever to sport a University of Maine men's hockey jersey. Monday, 25 years after he first stepped on the ice at Alfond Arena, it was announced he'll step through the doors of immortality later this year.
ORONO - Monday saw athletic directors from all over the Penobscot Valley Conference come together at Penobscot Country Club in support of multiple great causes, as they teed off in the annual Joe Paul Memorial Golf Tournament.
ORONO - As a kid, University of Maine men's basketball forward Andrew Fleming was aiming at playing the sport at a high level. In order to prepare to do so, he would participate in several summer basketball camps throughout the state, at times getting coached by current or former UMaine players.
ORONO - Despite a somewhat underwhelming regular season, University of Maine interim baseball coach Nick Derba turned his team's misfortunes around. The Black Bears won four of six games in the America East baseball tournament, eventually losing in the championship matchup to UMBC. That run was good enough to provide Derba some extra support though.
- Coast Guard airlifts stricken teen on cruise 300 miles off Maryland
- Navy husband welcomed home by wife's surprise baby bump
- Pregnant woman runs over purse-snatching suspect in Walmart parking lot: See the video
- Lost dogs smell owners’ cooked sausages, find their way home
- Scaramucci calls Russia story 'nonsense,' warns media 'integrity' at risk after CNN retraction
- Kendra Wilkinson on marriage to Hank Baskett: We've threatened divorce 'probably 5 times'
- Driver in New Hampshire pulled over for strapping mountain of items on top of van
- Trace Adkins on 'A Capitol Fourth,' Donald Trump and joining Blake Shelton on 'The Voice'
- Palin suit against NY Times spotlights a flood of media mistakes
- Over the moon: For Trump, South Korea is yuge
- Vatican cardinal hit with sex assault offenses takes leave, will fight charges
- Vietnam puts prominent blogger on trial for anti-state acts
- Police: Man dragged out of car, beaten in road rage attack
- Owner of loose bull that caused fatal crash gets probation
- Missouri farmer cleared in 1997 sex case by DNA evidence
- US quietly publishes once-expunged papers on 1953 Iran coup
- The Latest: US issues new visa criteria for 6 Muslim nations
- Most Americans know that owning a gun is an essential part of our freedom
- Prince William, Duchess Kate & Prince Harry To Honor Princess Diana's Birthday
- Grammy Awards Returning To Los Angeles In 2019
- Michael Nyqvist, 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' & John Wick' Star, Dies At 56
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's Home Destroyed In Wildfire
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale: Who Is A? (SPOILER ALERT!)
- Taylor Swift & Michael Jordan Salute Russell Westbrook At NBA Awards
- Fourth Of July BBQ Burgers From Pepperidge Farm
- Rascal Flatts Surprises Wisconsin Couple At Their Wedding
- 'Fuller House' Season 3 Premiere Date Falls On Original Show's Anniversary
- J.K. Rowling Marks 20 Years Since Harry Potter Appeared
- BET Awards 2017: Top Moments From Bruno Mars, Chance The Rapper, Remy Ma & More
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, But Debuts To A Franchise Low
- Kepler knocks in 3 runs, Twins top Red Sox 4-1
- Anderson exits with injury, Brewers fall 4-3 to Reds
- MLB umpire John Tumpane helps save woman from jumping off bridge
- Blues re-sign D Chris Butler to two-year, two-way deal
- Royals put Cuthbert on DL, recall Soler from Omaha
- NFL star Logan Ryan pays off his brother's student loans
- Miami Heat announce 2017 Summer League rosters
- Berglund undergoes shoulder surgery, out until December
- Four Cincinnati homers power past Guerra, Brewers
- Kemp returns to San Diego as Padres host Braves
- USA Gymnastics needs 'culture change' to stop abuse, review finds
- Francona questionable as Indians look for another win vs. Rangers