Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
BOSTON - The University of Maine field hockey squad has established itself as a perennial threat in America East over the course of the past several years. And if the America East preseason coaches poll is any indication, the Black Bears are expected to be just that once more in 2017.
PORTLAND - Last month, ABC 7 and Fox 22 noted the University of Maine men's basketball program was tracking two high school stars from the southern part of the state in Portland's Terion Moss and Oxford Hills' Matthew Fleming. Moss in particular, a Class of 2018 prospect out who was named Gatorade Player of the Year, is attracting significant interest from the program.
ORONO - Former University of Maine men's basketball guard Wes Myers will officially transfer into the University of South Carolina basketball program this upcoming season, following up on a controversial tenure in Orono.
PACIFIC PALISADES, California - Cole Anderson out of Camden entered the U.S. Amateur with plenty of potential. The Florida St.-bound 16-year-old has opened eyes around the state of Maine for his play, and qualified for the U.S. Amateur in California.
BANGOR - The Husson men's soccer program is on the rise, and head coach Gavin Penny is finally feeling like things are coming together ahead of Year 2 of his tenure.
SOUTH PARIS - Colton Carson is just entering his junior year at Oxford Hills, but his stock is high enough for the University of Maine.
ORONO - One of the biggest storylines surrounding this year's University of Maine football squad was the impending quarterback competition headed into camp. And as the preseason unfolds, the position remains very much in jeopardy with no clear winner out in front at this point.
BREWER - The fall sports season is officially underway, with Monday ringing in the year with the typical excitement one would expect.
ORONO - After a handful of transfers and graduations, the University of Maine soccer team is not quite in rebuild mode. With that said, there are plenty of spots up for grabs, and that may be just the motivating factor the squad needs.
BREWER - As the national debate on concussion prevention continues, many in Maine are doing their part to ensure athlete safety.
- Kidnapped woman gets away after abductors can't operate stick shift
- Sam Hunt makes history, explains origin of single 'Body Like a Back Road'
- Missing skinny dipper's body found by off-duty lifeguard
- DeMario Jackson reportedly in talks to join 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 25
- NYC court worker calls reporter, admits he 'barely shows up' for $166K job
- Was high school football star wrongly convicted of child molestation? Lawyer pushes for new trial
- Raqqa's escaping victims forced to live in toxic oil refinery with gasoline-laced water and no sewer system
- Texas football star convicted of sexually assaulting a child may get a new trial
- Hong Kong activist Wong braces for possible prison sentence
- Philippine economy grows 6.5 percent in second quarter
- $28.75 charge to visit Elvis' grave during vigil upsets fans
- Battered bronze sphere returns to World Trade Center site
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down, items found
- Trump signs bill expanding college assistance for veterans
- National Park Service ends ban on disposable water bottles
- US military says its bands promote patriotism; new government watchdog says prove it
- California man gets life in prison for USC student's beating death
- Texas illegal-immigrant disaster: Suspected driver of crowded truck indicted, could get death penalty
- Calvin Harris To Perform At Rihanna's Diamond Ball
- VMAs 2017: Pink To Be Honored With The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award
- Taylor Swift Vows To Become A Voice For Sexual Assault Victims Following Trial Verdict
- Oprah Winfrey Letting Go Of 'Emotional Burden' Of Weight Struggles
- MTV, Record Label Debate Why 'Despacito' Video Was Left Off VMA Nominations List
- 'Deadpool 2': Female Stunt Driver Dies After On-Set Motorcycle Crash
- Taylor Swift Cries During Court Case Closing Arguments
- Teen Choice Awards 2017: Chris Pratt Makes Post-Split Appearance, Miley Cyrus Cancels Last Minute
- Shonda Rhimes Signs Deal With Netflix
- Teen Choice Awards 2017 To Honor Miley Cyrus, Bruno Mars
- 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $35M At Box Office
- Bruno Mars Donates $1 Million From Concert To Flint Water Crisis
- Stanton's HR streak comes to an end as Marlins' finish off series win vs. Giants
- Pacers announce four-game preseason schedule
- Jaguars QB Blake Bortles facing more scrutiny during camp
- Phillies might limit Pivetta's repertoire for start vs. Padres
- Broxton, Brewers open series with 3-1 win over Pirates
- Santana, Indians power past Twins 8-1
- Denzel Perryman likely out 2 months from ankle surgery
- Charlottesville native, Eagles player Chris Long reacts to protest violence
- Chiefs relying on new bodies, healthy vets to stuff the run
- Jayhawks to honor former coach Mangino during season opener
- Phillies' Leiter returns from 'pen to start against Padres
- Ezekiel Elliott to appeal suspension, turn tables on accuser, report says