Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter
Matt Randall joined the ABC-7 and FOX Bangor news team in August 2015 as Weekend Sports Anchor and Reporter. A proud Midwesterner, he was born and raised in Indianapolis, IN and is excited to begin his career right here in Maine!
Matt graduated from Indiana University with a degree in Journalism in 2015, and his love for sports broadcasting grew through the several media outlets on campus. He hosted a sports talk show on WIUX, served as Sports Director and Anchor at IU NewsNet, and worked as a sideline reporter for IU Athletics through the Big Ten Network StudentU program in addition to multiple TV internships.
Matt's passion for sports is well-known among friends and family. Growing up in Indiana means basketball is king, but he also enjoys football, baseball and soccer. His favorite teams include the Pacers, his beloved Indiana Hoosiers, and yes, the Indianapolis Colts.
Matt is thrilled to be here in the Northeast, and looks forward to learning the sports that matter here in Maine! If you have suggestions for stories, things for Matt to enjoy in Maine, or just want to talk sports, feel free to contact him either by email at [email protected] or on Twitter at @mattrandall_
ORONO - One of the names synonymous with Maine women's basketball's recent success will receive a chance to play professionally, and she'll be headed closer to home in order to do so.
HERMON - With the summer season well underway, Speedway 95 once again held its weekly Wacky Wednesday. Before the drivers hit the track and the fans hit the stands, we took a look at what it takes to make each raceday happen.
ORONO - One of the most important pieces to the Maine men's hockey 1992-93 NCAA Championship team was chosen to be inducted in the Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday. However, it's possible Paul Kariya wouldn't have come to Orono at all had it not been for Grant Standbrook. Now, the latter is being honored by their university.
WATERVILLE - Tuesday saw the official end of high school softball, as the Maine all-star team met New Hampshire for a double-header at Colby College. The second game was cancelled due to a storm, but they did get in some action before the rain began.
WATERVILLE - After a national search for a new leader of its athletics department, Colby College landed on its choice.
WATERVILLE - While champions were crowned in high school baseball last weekend, some of the best outgoing players took the diamond for the final time in the annual Maine All-Star games.
WATERVILLE - Less than a week after ending his high school career with a state championship, Orono baseball standout Jackson Coutts continued to go out on a high note by winning the Dr. John Winkin Award that recognizes the annual selection of Mr. Maine Baseball.
BANGOR - Husson University was the site once again for former New England Patriots players to hold their annual youth camp.
OLD TOWN - The Old Town Coyotes repeated as champions in Class B over the weekend. However, because of all the competition in the class this spring, head coach Jennifer Plourde said they never fully expected to reach these heights this time around.
CASTINE - Earlier this spring, Maine Maritime Academy found itself searching for a new coach after David Muchnick resigned as the leader of the men's basketball program. Now, the Mariners have found their guy.
- Coast Guard airlifts stricken teen on cruise 300 miles off Maryland
- Navy husband welcomed home by wife's surprise baby bump
- Pregnant woman runs over purse-snatching suspect in Walmart parking lot: See the video
- Lost dogs smell owners’ cooked sausages, find their way home
- Scaramucci calls Russia story 'nonsense,' warns media 'integrity' at risk after CNN retraction
- Kendra Wilkinson on marriage to Hank Baskett: We've threatened divorce 'probably 5 times'
- Driver in New Hampshire pulled over for strapping mountain of items on top of van
- Trace Adkins on 'A Capitol Fourth,' Donald Trump and joining Blake Shelton on 'The Voice'
- Palin suit against NY Times spotlights a flood of media mistakes
- Over the moon: For Trump, South Korea is yuge
- Vatican cardinal hit with sex assault offenses takes leave, will fight charges
- Vietnam puts prominent blogger on trial for anti-state acts
- Police: Man dragged out of car, beaten in road rage attack
- Owner of loose bull that caused fatal crash gets probation
- Missouri farmer cleared in 1997 sex case by DNA evidence
- US quietly publishes once-expunged papers on 1953 Iran coup
- The Latest: US issues new visa criteria for 6 Muslim nations
- Most Americans know that owning a gun is an essential part of our freedom
- Prince William, Duchess Kate & Prince Harry To Honor Princess Diana's Birthday
- Grammy Awards Returning To Los Angeles In 2019
- Michael Nyqvist, 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' & John Wick' Star, Dies At 56
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Johnny Galecki's Home Destroyed In Wildfire
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale: Who Is A? (SPOILER ALERT!)
- Taylor Swift & Michael Jordan Salute Russell Westbrook At NBA Awards
- Fourth Of July BBQ Burgers From Pepperidge Farm
- Rascal Flatts Surprises Wisconsin Couple At Their Wedding
- 'Fuller House' Season 3 Premiere Date Falls On Original Show's Anniversary
- J.K. Rowling Marks 20 Years Since Harry Potter Appeared
- BET Awards 2017: Top Moments From Bruno Mars, Chance The Rapper, Remy Ma & More
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, But Debuts To A Franchise Low
- Kepler knocks in 3 runs, Twins top Red Sox 4-1
- Anderson exits with injury, Brewers fall 4-3 to Reds
- MLB umpire John Tumpane helps save woman from jumping off bridge
- Blues re-sign D Chris Butler to two-year, two-way deal
- Royals put Cuthbert on DL, recall Soler from Omaha
- NFL star Logan Ryan pays off his brother's student loans
- Miami Heat announce 2017 Summer League rosters
- Berglund undergoes shoulder surgery, out until December
- Four Cincinnati homers power past Guerra, Brewers
- Kemp returns to San Diego as Padres host Braves
- USA Gymnastics needs 'culture change' to stop abuse, review finds
- Francona questionable as Indians look for another win vs. Rangers