- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 14133
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- NYC terror attack: Halloween horror would have been much worse without top notch NYPD
- NYC terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov: Who is he?
- Democratic group pulls ad targeting Virginia governor hopeful Ed Gillespie's supporters
- US general says nuclear launch order can be refused, sparking debate
- Trump order on sanctuary cities permanently blocked by federal judge
- Exclusive: Lawmakers call on Trump administration to outlaw Muslim Brotherhood with new strategy
- Trump administration ends protected status for Haitians living in US after quake
- North Korea bans drinking, singing, punishes officials for 'impure attitude,' report says
- North Korea bans drinking, singing, punishes officials for 'impure attitude'
- New York cosmetic factory explosions leave more than 30 injured, including firefighters
- CBS, PBS star Charlie Rose suspended after sexual misconduct claim: 'I am greatly embarrassed'
- Melissa Gilbert says Oliver Stone purposely humiliated her during an audition for 'The Doors'
- Alabama judge 'stunned by brutality' in killing of 92-year-old woman
- 'Dangerous' Alabama inmate escapes for second time in a month
- New School under fire for putting Linda Sarsour on anti-Semitism panel
- North Korean prison camps stopped reporting deaths under Kim Jong Un, ex-prisoner claims
- Off-duty Brazil cop reportedly stops attempted robbery while holding child
- UN chief urges probe of migrants' sale in Libya as slaves
- 'Titanic' Sailing Back Into Theaters For One Week
- Rose McGowan Plans To Plea 'Not Guilty' On Virginia Drug Charge
- Beyoncé & Jay-Z Are Enjoying Their Trip To Miami
- Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' Has Already Sold Over 1 Million Copies
- Taylor Swift's Surprise 'Tonight Show' Performance Leaves Jimmy Fallon In Tears
- Shakira Postpones Tour After Suffering Vocal Cord Hemorrhage
- Tracee Ellis Ross To Host The American Music Awards
- Hundreds Rally In Support Of Imprisoned Rapper Meek Mill
- Alec Baldwin Settles Lawsuit Against New York Art Dealer
- Jason Aldean Says He Hopes For Healing After Las Vegas Shooting
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Shares Update On Puerto Rico Relief Efforts
- Amazon Has Acquired The Global Television Rights To "The Lord Of The Rings," Based On The Fantasy Novels By J.R.R. Tolkien, With A Multi-Season Commitment
- Marlins work out trade with Yankees and Rangers
- Aztecs' RB Penny left off list of Doak Walker Award finalists
- Clippers set for showdown against Porzingis, Knicks
- Preview: Magic searching for solutions as they take on Pacers
- Georgia Dome imploded with nearly 5,000 pounds of explosives
- Herschel Walker takes stand against national anthem protests
- Marshawn Lynch sits for US anthem, stands for Mexican anthem
- Florida struggles from the floor, holds off New Hamphire to stay unbeaten
- Rams machine needs some repairs after 24-7 loss at Minnesota
- M.J. Walker, Terance Mann lead FSU past Colorado State in Jamaica Classic
- Holder's 35 leads high-scoring Sun Devils to another blowout win
- Chargers harass rookie QB Peterman, Bills en route to 54-24 win